Qipei Mei is currently a PhD student of the Structural Health Monitoring (SHM) group in the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at the University of Alberta. He obtained his Master of Science degree in Structural Engineering with a focus on SHM under the supervision of Dr. Mustafa Gül at the University of Alberta in 2014. The title of his thesis was “Investigation of Time Series Analysis Based Damage Detection Methodologies for Structural Health Monitoring”. In 2011, he got his Bachelor of Engineering degree in civil engineering at Huazhong University of Science and Technology in China. He is currently working on bridge health monitoring using mobile sensor network.
- Structural health monitoring
- Artificial intelligence in structural engineering
- Solving complex structural problems
- Mei, Q. and Gül, M. (2016). “A Fixed-Order Time Series Model for Damage Detection and Localization,” Journal of Civil Structural Health Monitoring, Springer, Vol. 6, No. 5, pp. 763-777.
- Mei, Q. and Gül, M. (2015). “A Novel Sensor Clustering-Based Approach for Simultaneous Detection of Stiffness and Mass Changes Using Output-only Data,” Journal of Structural Engineering, ASCE, Vol. 141, No. 10, 04014237.
- M.Sc. in Structural Engineering, University of Alberta, Canada, 2014
- B.E. in Civil Engineering, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China, 2011